Surya is an energetic home décor brand that has gained attention for its innovative designs and breadth of high quality home accessory solutions. Products ranging from area rugs and pillows to poufs and wall art are sold through a broad spectrum of global retailers, distributors, and interior designers. The company has partnered with renowned designers such as HGTV-personality, Candice Olson to create the most exciting, fashion-forward product range in home accessories today. Surya fosters an energetic work environment of creativity and collaboration, with each employee taking personal ownership in the company – known for its best-in-class products and solutions-driven customer experience. Surya has been named for seven consecutive years to Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 list of America's fastest growing privately held companies.
• All customer contact will be professional and timely. Follow up, keep track of commitments, and follow through on what is committed to customers.
Collection duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for timely collecting of past due balances of business-to-business accounts.
• Inform customers of past due balances by various means including telephone calls, emails and mailings
• Process inquiries from customers on outstanding invoices
• Research discrepancies and reconcile customer accounts
• Resolve billing and short- or over payment discrepancies
• Provide copies of invoices to customers as requested
• Analyze risk exposure based upon customer payment patterns, credit sources and by performing financial analysis
• Monitors credit limit compliance; takes appropriate action when limits are exceeded; recommends credit limit changes.
• Process credits and adjustments as approved by management
• Prepare weekly report of collections calls and present to manager
• 5+ years of experience with a track record of taking increased responsibility
• Minimum of Associates degree in Business or Accounting.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Knowledge of accounts receivable, credit, collections and cash application attributed to 3+ years of related work experience.
• Strong problem solving skills (analytical)
• Must be willing to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details.
• Must be able to wear different hats and work collaboratively with co-workers.
• Ability to manage a broad range of activities and juggle multiple tasks.
• Good follow-up skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills and go getter attitude
• Demonstrates a desire to learn and assume responsibility.
• Strong commitment to the job and the organization. Flexibility to work extra hours when needed. Punctual and dependable.