Surya is a leading home décor company, gaining attention for its innovative designs and breadth of high quality home accessories. Products include area rugs, pillows, throws, lighting, accent furniture and art sold through a broad spectrum of global retailers, distributors, interior designers and decorators. Surya fosters an energetic work environment of creativity and collaboration, with each employee taking personal ownership in the company. Surya has been named for seven consecutive years to Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 list of America's fastest growing privately held companies.
Headquartered in Cartersville GA, Surya is currently is seeking a National Account Manager for our key retail and national account customers. The ideal candidate must be self-directed, results oriented, have an established background in relationship building and have strong communication and presentation skills. The National Account Manager will be responsible for driving sales growth of all Surya products and co-managing head office relationships with key accounts such as, but not exclusive to LaZBoy, Arhaus, Thomasville, Basset Furniture and Raymour & Flannigan. And other as assigned. Along with managing those relationships this person will be required to report to Surya leadership progress updates and all strategy plans, key customer engagements and strategic initiatives.
- Work within the Sales/Marketing team to make sure all Surya products are merchandised, priced and represented effectively on our customers distribution centers, retail locations and catalogs .
- Be point person for all face to face engagements with customers at the corporate level
- Ensure product and marketing information is currently represented to customers, and marketing tools are utilized effectively. Works closely with product and channel marketing to identify problem areas and opportunities.
- Develop, in conjunction with key business partners, the channel strategy and best practices to create best in class customer experience to attain sales goals
- Collaborate with Marketing to conduct competitive market analysis to formulate recommendations for an annual channel plan including advertising and promotional strategies
- Develop and execute launch plans and marketing strategies for new product introductions working in conjunction with Marketing.
- Work closely with marketing Department to develop and implement promotions and marketing campaigns for each customer (planned on a Qrtly. Calendar basis)
- Coordinate and communicate promotional calendar with Channel Marketing team and Sales to manage and minimize cross channel conflicts
- Work within defined S & OP process to development product forecasts with Demand Planner and channel marketing.
- Plan, manage and report on approved channel specific expense budgets
- Ongoing and up to date monitoring and reporting of all sales activity, sales trends and key performance indicators
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5 years job experience, including 2-3 years furniture retail specific experience with 5+ years of brand, channel, sales experience calling on Furniture Industry accounts or similar retail customers. Trade marketing/trade promotion management experience preferred
- Proven performance in creating programs to pull through product through retail
- Adept at creative thinking and problem solving and managing flexibility in a constantly changing customer marketing environment
- 5+ years of Management experience in large account management
- Strong analytical skills balanced with creative ability
- Experience with the creative development process and program execution
- Experience with sales budgets, P&Ls, forecasting, promotional offers to drive sales
- Strong organizational and proven project management skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Acute attention to details
- Able to work effectively across functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to multi-task
- 30% overnight Travel obligation – and local travel without overnight
Position is based out of our corporate office just north of Cartersville in White, Georgia