We are looking for a seasoned technology professional with excellent communication skills, a strategic mindset, and the leadership and technological skills to build and implement the company’s IT road-map. The Director of Information Technology plays a key role in various decision making capacities related to the technology vision and IT management of the organization and is responsible for ensuring effective and ongoing operation of the extended IT infrastructure of the organization. The Director of IT is responsible for company-wide networking, IT, security, telephony, technology management, IT capital spend, and leadership of the IT department staff. Reporting to the COO, the Director of IT works closely with the IT and leadership teams to ensure streamlined and effective operations and that delivers the expected strategic benefits to the company.
- Analyze, evaluate and improve applications development and IT infrastructure and architecture
- Assist with monitoring, incident management and creative troubleshooting of the entire environment
- Plan and implement the company-wide technology infrastructure roadmap to support company’s growth plans
- Make the build vs. buy decision with respect to the provision of IT equipment, skills, and services.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Assist in the global, 24/7 operations of a high traffic, high value website
- Assess data storage and capacity planning as well as all internal and external data transfer systems and bandwidth capacity planning
- Produce detailed time line for each application release and implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
2. Trusted Business Partner
- Help company develop and capture additional lines of revenue via technology innovations in ecommerce, process improvement, and increase in customer satisfaction
- Plan, budget, and manage the purchase, implementation, and support of all computer resources.
- Support the COO in strategic initiatives, leading technology execution and delivering results
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommend technical solution
- Stay current with the latest technology trends and provide insight into the trends for non-technical executive staff
- Participate in regular company management meetings as well as strategic and business planning as appropriate,
- Represents the IT function at customer review meeting when appropriate
3. Talent Management
- Staffing and leadership of IT team members appropriate to effectively support company-wide technology service needs
- Directs education programs for staff ; Mentors IT staff
- Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and or/replacement personnel.
- Ensure team’s adherence to Company’s Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of experience as a developer of technology platforms and solutions, preferably in logistics / distribution industry
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft .NET / SQL Server / Azure / AWS / HTML5 and related technology stack
- Experience working with HighJump WMS, Infoship TMS, and Salesforce
- Experience with system and network administration
- Strong understanding of best practices for software engineering in an agile environment, secure systems design and scalable fault tolerant web architectures
- Previous hands-on experience with entire software development life cycle
- Experience with an ERP system; strong preference for experience with MAS, or any Sage software
- Comfortable in a startup environment with flexible work schedules and 24/7 availability
- Great attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Proven leadership experience in managing multi-cultural development teams
- A strong sense of team building and a desire to help build a dynamic, unique organization
- Possess a DevOps orientation, driven to collaborate, and happy inventing new techniques and tools
- Information Technology
- Strategic thinking
- Financial management
- Cultural Fit
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Business Acumen
Responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department. Review current roles on the HR team and define the organizational chart to support key IT initiatives. Position currently manages a team of 8.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred.
The position is based out of our corporate headquarters in Cartersville, GA about a 45 minute commute north of the city of Atlanta.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Surya will offer the successful candidate an attractive compensation package reflecting the size and scope of the role. Other employee benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K retirement savings with employer match, company paid life insurance and disability coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, commuter transportation program, a free, in-building fitness center and an Employee Assistance Program.
To learn more about Surya, visit www.surya.com.
Surya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.