Surya is a leading home décor company, gaining attention for its innovative designs and breadth of high quality home accessories. Products include area rugs, pillows, throws, lighting, accent furniture and art sold through a broad spectrum of global retailers, distributors, interior designers and decorators. Surya fosters an energetic work environment of creativity and collaboration, with each employee taking personal ownership in the company. Surya has been named for six consecutive years to Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 list of America's fastest growing privately held companies.
Surya is an innovative company that uses data to drive results. We work at a high-speed pace to face the daily challenges of a rapidly growing business. We achieve our success by hiring world-class talent, embracing creative ideas, and celebrating diverse abilities.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will manage and develop all aspects of Surya’s e-commerce business. This position is based out of our headquarter offices in White, GA and will require some travel. As an integral member of the sales team, you will play a key leadership role in building a successful sales and support team by working at a strategic level to deliver targeted objectives and financial results in a manner that exemplifies our mission and philosophy.
Principle Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for E-commerce channel P&L
- Develops effective annual business plans with clear realistic and stretch goals, measurable milestones and results, evaluating quarterly for optimization as needed
- In conjunction with other Sales and Marketing Directors, coordinates and executes promotional customer marketing and digital media plans to both drive revenue and build our brand equities
- Pursues and owns critical relationships with key accounts; develops and maintains high visibility with key decision-makers to advance brand opportunities; negotiates annual plans, terms and agreements; drives new business opportunities and solves challenges quickly by developing a deep understanding of customer business goals and challenges
- Partners with key customers to identify program, product, distribution and merchandising solutions that increase revenue for the customer
- Promotes a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer needs, requirements, and expectations
- Build and manage a team that promotes excellence through collaboration by providing ongoing feedback and coaching on progress against accountabilities, development plans and training
- Leverage internal and external data supplied by e-commerce retailers and service providers to monitor and forecast business performance
- Ensure go-to-market plans for new products are implemented with excellence
- Help lead ongoing MAP Policy optimization and marketplace enforcement
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related field
- 5+ years of a successful track record in sales
- Experience working directly with top tier e-commerce retailers with track record of strong partnerships and sales growth
- Familiarity or experience in the home decor industry
- Proven track record managing a growing business while building strong, diverse cross-functional teams and internal stakeholder networks
- Must be enthusiastic with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency; decisive leader capable of thriving in a dynamic, action-oriented environment
- Strong financial capabilities needed to manage risk, understanding both cost and revenue implications; experience in setting and managing the annual budget throughout year
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Cross functional leader translating the strategic vision of the company to all customers internally and externally
- Exceptional negotiating, planning and organizational skills and a high commitment to timely follow up and issue resolution
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Advanced analytical skills and experience in developing marketing and sales metrics and evaluating ROIs
- Digital marketing strategy plan development, e-commerce analytics experience and knowledge of SEO, SEM, digital media etc.
- Ability to work on site in our corporate headquarters just north of Cartersville
- Ask about our vanpool with stops in Atlanta on Freedom Pkwy and Buckhead, West Paces Ferry!