Data Analyst Internship
Location: White, GA (just north of Cartersville)
Schedule: 15-20 hours per week
Surya offers you a place to apply the knowledge you’ve learned in the classroom to real life business problems. Join a place where you can apply your analytical skills, test your limits and love what you do. At Surya, you won’t be stuffing envelopes or getting someone coffee. You’ll get the chance to work on meaningful projects integral to the company’s success. So, if you ever feel like an intern, we’re clearly doing something wrong.
As a Data Analyst Intern, you’ll gain hands-on experience while interacting with all areas of the company. You’ll gather data into Excel and dissect data to identify inconsistencies and trends in support of the sales team. You’ll be telling the story behind the data, working closely with your team to prepare it for presentation to business leaders. You’ll also work closely with an experienced mentor to expand on your professional growth.
- Understand and develop procedures/tools to maintain data quality.
- Ensure work is disciplined and adheres to quality control procedures.
- Provide Data driven findings.
- Extract and analyze data from databases (Salesforce.com)
- Perform in-depth analysis of sales data to spot trends
- Observe, synthesize information, use spreadsheets, make concise recommendations, and present ideas
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative area of study (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Computer Science)
- Intermediate MS Office skills including Excel with the ability to create, manipulate and formulate spreadsheets
- Willingness to learn Salesforce.com
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organizational skills (planning, time management, priority management)
- Passion for continuous learning
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations
- Capable of working with and maintaining confidential information
- Interns are expected to be highly self-motivated initiators who can work independently and seek out direction/help/coaching as needed to complete a self-planned project.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Intellectual curiosity
- Planned graduation within one year of completing internship
Surya offers a competitive hourly wage, mentorship, and networking with company leaders.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
- You’ll be asked for information about your employment history and Educational Background
- A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
- Position pays $10 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer