Reports to: Manager, Customer Care
Surya is a leading home décor company, gaining attention for its innovative designs and breadth of high quality home accessories. Products include area rugs, pillows, throws, lighting, accent furniture and art sold through a broad spectrum of global retailers, distributors, interior designers and decorators. Surya fosters an energetic work environment of creativity and collaboration, with each employee taking personal ownership in the company. Surya has been named for six consecutive years to Inc. Magazine's Inc.500/5000 list of America's fastest growing privately held companies.
The Customer Care Supervisor is responsible for ensuring daily effective and efficient handling of inbound and outbound customer calls. The Supervisor provides daily supervision and support for direct reports through training, performance measurement, quality assurance, staffing and coaching. In addition, the Supervisor resolves daily customer escalations and assists the Customer Care Director with process improvement initiatives. This is a full time salaried position. Core hours are 9am-6pm, Monday through Friday, however additional or changes in hours may be occasionally required to meet work requirements.
Principle Responsibilities Include:
- Provide daily direction, coaching and supervision for all call handling functions.
- Implements and supervises daily quality control initiatives for customer interactions.
- Establish, communicate, track and measure individual and team productivity daily/weekly/monthly to assist in attainment of revenue goals and performance targets.
- Develops and maintains call handling procedure and training documentation.
- Provides on-going training and development for direct reports.
- Resolve all customer escalations within appropriate time frame and assists the Customer Care Director in the elimination of customer escalations.
- Assists the Customer Care Director with process improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Provides phone and task coverage as needed to assist the team in maintaining service levels and production goals.
- Assists with other duties and projects as assigned and deemed necessary to meet the business need.
- Meets or exceeds individual performance goals.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Monitors service calls to observe employee demeanor, technical accuracy and conformity to company policies.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
This position interacts daily with Customer Care personnel and additional Surya work groups such as Shipping, Operations, Sales Managers, Sales Reps, and Accounting.
- Some college or college degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a B2B customer care department, preferably in a wholesale/distribution environment.
- Previous supervisor/team lead experience is a preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Demonstrates cognitive skills, able to explain and resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately explain and train on complex processes.
- Exhibits superior customer service skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to frequently and productively interact with others.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities such as coaching, mentoring, developing and communicating to others.
- Demonstrates initiative to identify process improvement opportunities and recommend solutions to management.
- Proficient in Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to productively manage stress.
- Time Management.